Friday, August 12, 2005



These are the two new plant containers that I bought yesterday after the beach at the small nursery in Poway. They were expensive. This afternoon I finally got around to transplanting the houseplants from the 1980s. They were completely potbound, split them into quarters. Some are cuttings from the houseplants Julia had in San Clemente.

Glad to get that accomplished, that was overdue. I'd last transplanted them in 1997, I think.

Went to the fish store today. Donated the huge collection of bottom feeders that had bred in the big tank since I first noticed the first baby bottom feeder back in February. Prolific breeders, to say the least. Glad to get that taken care of.

Preseason game on last night, grilled a delicious steak, had a baked potato and some grilled asparagus. Delicious. Really good.

It was fun building a sandcastle the other day with the kids. The tide came in pretty quickly. It was a rear-guard action, at best.

I should bring the shovel next time. Build up a central mound of sand fast. Maybe the folding emergency shovel. Make a huge central mound fast and then repair and/or decorate that. When I helped make those sand sculptures they had buckets of water that I helped lugged and then mixed in molds and let them set THEN took off the molds and carved away whatever they didn't want in the sculpture.

What else? I want to get after the tomatoes and heavily trim/remove them. They're getting a little ragged. I did buy some cilantro to make salsa with. The serrano pepper plant has a lot of little chile peppers on it.

Time to think about making dinner. Tacos? Salad? Pizza? Nothing?