Friday, December 31, 2004

Happy New Year

The end of the year at last. The end of the two-week break around Christmas, too. Not very relaxing. My shoulders feel like they're one solid block. Things are going ok. Things will get better.

Sign Cassidy up for soccer soon, find the postcard announcing the soccer league sign-ups. Rain on its way later today? Sounds too good to be true. I love rain.

Go get the mail, go pick up some milk.

Eat more healthy food, get some exercise.

I was going to clean up the kid's rooms today. Get those straightened out and organized.

I was glad to have the trash collected this past Monday. I had things organized and cardboard cut and neatly stacked, boxes collapsed, stuff like that. Everything was picked up.

This past fall Diane had half-filled the trash container with soil and rocks from the front garden, I could barely move the container and mentioned it to her. She removed some of the material but we got a note from the trash collector. Embarrassing. I was not enthused about her decision to do some gardening one weekend. She stuck some Home Depot plants in the ground. And threw out the topsoil. And the pile of rocks I'd collected over time. She just dove right in without consulting me or asking. Which was pretty typical.

The rain has meant that I didn't do any further work on the lawn area. I'd forked most of it over and spread the amendments I had available on it. So it doesn't look like it's just been destroyed by dogs and neglected for six months.

Quarter to nine and the kids are still asleep.

I'd like to get rid of the last bits of clutter which I ended up stacking on the opened drawers of the tool chest. I need to go through the clutter I have and edit it so that it fits the space I have for it.

The end of the year.