Wednesday, December 29, 2004

slam

goes the door, Flynn leaves. I'd asked him to return a new video game so that Cassidy could play it. He did not look pleased as he left without a word to spend the night at Jimmy's. I get a lot of amateur sullen behavior from him.

...

Ate the rest of the Texas caviar. Ate some cheese. Drinking half a glass of wine. Some college football bowl game on ESPN in the kitchen. Cassidy is playing the new video game in Flynn's room. Flynn is off at Jimmy's house.

Waiting for the bread to rise a bit more. Punch it down and form it into a loaf shape and let it rise again in a loaf pan. Another hour or so. Then bake it. Fresh bread. Hooray.

Too bad Flynn isn't here to smell it. I like to plant those home-is-warm-and-good type of memories as often as possible... a fire in the fireplace, something tasty cooking in the kitchen... fresh bread...

I guess I'll take down the Christmas lights tomorrow. I could leave them up longer. I'd just as soon get on it sooner than later. I really enjoy Christmas lights. They're almost worth climbing that ladder to staple them to the eaves. When Christmas is over it's just -- winter.