Sunday, January 30, 2005

another sunny day

Making blueberry-raspberry muffins. Ran out of oatmeal. Recipe called for two cups, I had one cup. Looks like they're rising in the oven. Used a sprinkle of Halloween orange sugar decoration on the tops of the muffins. Somewhat lurid-looking. I'll try white sugar for the next batch.

Diane is supposed to visit today sometime. Going to make chicken picatta, a favorite dish of hers that I make. And a salad. And some biscuits. And maybe some mashed potatoes and gravy. And a cake. Or cupcakes. After I'm done baking the muffins. Maybe I'll grill the chicken.

Stomach feels weird from all the Advil. Heel is hurting less. Although the discomfort in my stomach is roughly equivalent to the discomfort from my heel.

What else? I need to clean the small bathroom. And the large bathroom.

Maybe grilling the chicken and potatoes would be the easy way to go. I had made some stuffed baked potatoes a while back when I thought Diane was going to visit. Maybe I ought to make those instead of mashed potatoes. I can make the chicken picatta on the stovetop. I'll need the oven for the stuffed potatoes and the biscuits. I'd better get started on the potatoes immediately if I want those to be ready. How much buttermilk do the stuffed baked potatoes need? I have a quart and I'll need half of it for the biscuits.

Time to go and cook more. The muffins ought to be about ready to come out of the oven and cool... hope they turn out well...