Saturday, January 29, 2005

saturday

I'm tired. Waiting for Flynn to call us to come pick him up from his friend's house. I cleaned the house and did laundry. Still have to clean the bathrooms. And do some cooking tomorrow.

Diane called last night after nine o'clock and said that she'd like to come over tomorrow about one. So I was cleaning the house most of the day. And I washed the car. And between the first part of this paragraph and this sentence I went to get Flynn, who called, and we stopped at Rubio's Fish Tacos. Got home and ate fish tacos. Flynn had a bean and cheese burrito.

Put all but one of the eight new vents on the places where the big fans had been to dry out the water from the leaky pipe. Broke two or three drill bits. Do I have any SHARP drill bits? I certainly don't think so.

Attached the two big trellis (trellii?) to the fence. I want to plant morning glories and moonflowers there and have them grow up the trellis. They're attached to the fence right outside the dining room window, so that will be something nicer to look at than the fence and Tony and Rosa's roof. It will also give us some privacy on those rare occasions when Tony and Rosa have their door opened. I'd like to plant those seeds soon, I have amendment for that patch of soil.

Got an e-mail from a [breed name removed due to psychotic first wife's cyberstalking] breeder I'd contacted, she has a three-year old male cat that may be available. Not a kitten. I've never had a male cat before. Pleased and excited about the idea of having a cat again. That breed sounds like a very nice match. Well, shit, checking my e-mail just now I have another message from the breeder telling me that the three-year old male cat has already found a home. Too bad. Stay tuned for a kitten.

What else? Partially changed the water in the ten-gallon tank, rearranged the rocks in there. Fish seem content.

Need to bathe the kids before Diane comes over. Bought some chicken and some flat-leaf parsley to make chicken picatta out of. And some buttermilk to make some biscuits. That ought to be tasty. Whether or not she comes over. I was going to make some blueberry-raspberry muffins, too. And a cake. Or some cupcakes.

Washed the sheets on all three beds/futons. Need to make Cassidy's bed and Flynn's futon. And my futon. I'm tired. It's quarter to seven by now. Felt better after eating.

What else? Not much else. Better get the beds made. I'm not going to want to do that more as the evening goes on, I'm going to want to go to sleep. Cleaned the kid's rooms today. Swept, Swiffered and wet-Swiffered the dining room and living room floors. Still have to clean the bathrooms... don't think I'm going to get around to that tonight.

Time to take more Advil. The doctor recommended 800mg of Advil three times a day. Makes my stomach feel odd. My left heel hasn't hurt as much since taking all the Advil, however...

Time to go make the beds...