Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Wednesday Again.



Warm out, breezy. Been busy lately. Noticed a large spider lowering itself onto my desk earlier, grabbed its thread, it jumped onto the keyboard and then ran under the scanner. Not entirely comforting.

Things are mostly clean and picked up on my desk. Things are mostly organized. Put away, at least. I still have a ton of laundry to iron and put away.

Take Flynn to an ice cream social/orientation for middle school.

Was playing soccer with Cassidy inside. For a while. I love Cassidy, but she wants a lot of attention all of the time.

Washed the Prius earlier. Noticed that I had the air conditioning on. Turned it off. Hopefully I'll get better mileage now. Fuck the heat. Drive around with the windows down. I'd rather spend less money on gasoline.

Spoke to Diane several times over the past week. She's hospitalized again. I forget how many times this is. I'll call her again tonight and see if she needs anything.

Kind of looking forward to and dreading the trip to Disneyland. I'll be glad when it's over. It's been FIVE YEARS since we went to Disneyland, 2000. We didn't go in 2001 and we went to Hawaii in 2002. In 2003 we had the floors replaced and in 2004 Diane went crazy. I made reservations to go to Disneyland last September. I want to go while the kids are still young enough to enjoy it.

Took the kids to see the new "Star Wars" movie last Saturday. It was long and boring. Fuck Star Wars. The last "Star Wars" movie I enjoyed came out in 1977. It's all been downhill since then. I was glad it was over.

Go get Flynn sooner or later. He's never out until 1:50. At the earliest. OTOH, the high school traffic is pretty thick starting at 1:30. Wait in a solid line of traffic to get out of the street we're on. More great San Diego civic planning. Get the radio and tell Flynn to sit tight.

Trimmed some of the tomatoes yesterday afternoon. Staked a couple of them up. Been tending the garden more lately now that the lawn is officially established and growing fairly well. Haven't decided whether to hook up the timers and sprinklers for the trip to Disneyland or just water really well before we go.

Leave to get Flynn at about 1:45 and deal with whatever traffic there is at that time. There is no alternate route. And leaving twenty minutes earlier means killing a lot of time with Cassidy in the car.

Vacuumed a bit, washed the big bathroom mirrors. I have to attack that pile of laundry. Iron Cassidy's things, but everything away. I don't enjoy putting laundry away so it really stacks up.

Finished digitizing and burning some DVDs with old camcorder videos on them. Will be glad to be rid of the old camcorder and tapes. The tapes are already in the trash.

Time to get Cassidy ready and go get Flynn. Go to his orientation this evening. Not looking forward to much of anything.