Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday morning

Another sunny day. Another hot day in July.

I want to get some Rust-o-leum paint for the birdbath, which commenced to rust immediately. Metal wants nothing more than to be rust. So get some paint and find the wire brush and clean up the birdbath and paint it.

Trash is out. Dispose of the reddish hose once the trash can is empty. Too big.

I could stand to trim the bougainvillea. The empty charcoal bags are excellent for holding bougainvillea trimmings. I need to weed the front garden again already. The weeds grow at an astonishing rate during the summer. It's almost beyond belief. The tomatoes are like a jungle by this time. They could stand a major trimming, too.

The morning glorys and moonflowers are getting established. Slow to grow. They ought to look good once they're flowering on the trellis.

Cleaned the bird feeder. The fence is getting messy from bird poop. I'd like to improvise something to keep the birds from sitting on the parts of the fence where they might poop on the neighbor's side of the fence.

Planted some lavendar seeds yesterday. See if they sprout and grow. I'd like to plant some more cilantro. Kind of out of space again already. The serrano pepper plant is setting chiles. Ought to have plenty of tomatoes any day now.

What else is going on? Not too much. Clean the fireplace today. I'd like to order some more firewood soon. Get that delivered and stack it. I love having firewood. Not that we get so many freezing nights here in San Diego...

Cassidy's birthday is coming up. Middle school orientation and registration, which is looking like a disorganized clusterfuck of administrivia, then the beginning of school. Seven more years for Flynn until he's eighteen. Eleven years and one month for Cassidy.

I ought to move some of their college money into the Death Fund. I wish I'd followed my hunch about Apple stock before it climbed 400%. FOLLOW YOUR INSTINCTS.

I need to drag Flynn to a store and get some jeans that fit. He has a collection of jeans that don't fit right now.