Friday, December 22, 2006

Speaker wire

Yesterday I finally got around to re-wiring the rear speakers.

After Diane had left, I set out to secure a modern home entertainment system. My stereo was given away. I wanted something made by Sony with a center audio channel. Found that, dragged it home, set it up.

The wires leading to the rear speakers were a problem, the kids kept tripping on them. I went through one cheaply-made curly wire bridge. Gave up on the whole idea for a while. Found another much heavier wire bridge, a lovely (not) shade of black rubber. Anyway. Bought two spools (requiring two trips, argh) of Radio Shack stranded 18 gauge speaker wire. Finaly got around to DOING it yesterday.

What was the delay about? Once I'd purchased and set up the entertainment center and the big television two years ago, I found that I had to get another receiver from DirecTV to receive local television channels in High Definition, something like that. I was sick of fooling around with it. And the VCR operates on Video 4 input. I couldn't figure it out, really, it was work, not like in the old days when I was single. And childless.

Anyway, I finally got around to it and got it done, and IT WORKS!!! Which I'm happy about. I like having the rear channel sound functioning.

Had to jump up and go stir some turkey breakfast sausage I'm cooking.

Ten to six. Put my hair in a braid and put my shoes and socks on. Shaved and brushed my hair earlier. Put on clean clothes.

Another day. Another Christmas vacation day. Pick up the ribs, see if Target has any more of those plastic bins which appear to hold the key to organization for me, buy water at the market... more bread, stuff like that. Replace the backup bottle of chocolate syrup.

Maybe get around to planting some flowers today. Or even adding soil to the planter boxes I'd rebuilt (since they were splitting). Or trimming the bougainvillea. The inconquerable bougainvillea. Ah! What I really meant to remember to get around to is digging up and amending and possibly planting that little triangular patch of soil just inside the black gate. It's gotten rather ratty and needs attention. I think I'll get around to planting the two surviving shrimp plants and some culphea right there, also. Maybe not the culphea. Might keep that outside of the black gate.

I might as well dig up the two deceased white roses, too. Wait until the good nursery has roses available again and replace them, if possible. I dug them up to have the fountain wired. Too bad. Didn't intend to kill them off.