Monday, February 07, 2005

garden

Pulled weeds. Filled half of the spaces in the planter boxes with a combination of planting mixes and amendments. Filled the six white plastic planters. Filled the 72-space seed starter tray. Choose seeds to start in that later tonight, perhaps.

Felt good to garden. I meant to get around to that on Saturday. I filled up the trash can with weeds and debris from the future lawn area.

I'm thinking of growing another lawn, this time from seed. Plant flowers in the beds and vegetables in the planter boxes. And that curved corner bed. And the two trees appear to be doing well. I wish I'd planted the trees there when we moved in ten years ago.

I hope I can keep this house. Diane may insist on selling it. Fuck off, Diane.

I thought I had a big pile of amendments but now I see that I'd do well to stop at Home Depot again tomorrow and buy more amendment. And some more soil mix for the planter boxes. Dig up the lawn area and mix in amendments. Get it level. Stomp it flat. I don't want to rent a soil roller. Water it to make evident any high or low spots (the nursery recommended that when I called and asked for advice this afternoon).

That's about all the news.