Thursday, February 17, 2005

slightly exhausted

Transcribed a few choice sentences from the notes on the Age of Exploration I'd printed out for Flynn to read into Flynn's final version of his paper. Pointed out that the information was right in front of him. Just pick it up and use it. Do more than the minimum required. Arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh.

Caravels versus galleons: which ship is best suited for trade use?

Tired. Tired. Tired. Tired.

Rain this afternoon, came home and built a fire. Firewood is worth the money.

Dug up small portions of the yard yesterday and today. It was warm yesterday. I think that I have the front triangle area reasonably ready for planting. I have half a dozen different height flower seeds to plant out there. That should look good from Cassidy's window. Plant some morning glory seeds and moonflower seeds below the trellises attached to the fence, visible out of the dining room window.

Cultivate and fertilize the rest of the yard and then tamp it... I don't want to rent a water roller. Get the ground even. I pulled up several long sections of that PVC pipe this morning, glad to have removed it. I don't want to install sprinkers. Grow a nice lawn. If the lemon and lime trees are trained... hmm...

I used to really enjoy walking on the lawn in the summer. Satisfied and happy with the suburban lawn. Simpler and happier days viewed from this point in time.

Glad tomorrow is Friday. Not that anything spectacular is planned for this weekend.

Three of the "French Rose" tomato seeds are up so far and, wait, two of the "French Rose" and three reseda seeds are up. That's all so far. Plant the tomatoes on the sunny side of the house. I have a couple of tomato cages ready to use this time.

I'd like to clean up the front area. Extending the concrete block wall to the street is something I'm interested in doing someday. Face that with bricks for the sake of appearance.