Wednesday, February 09, 2005

wednesday

FELL ASLEEP and was late picking Cassidy up. She wasn't upset or scared, I was thinking I had a heart attack or something. The Howard Stern Show had just ended and I was sitting here, then it was 11:20. No more Jack In The Box food for breakfast. No more "Rock Star Energy Drinks," too bad because I really like the taste. Scared the fuck out of me. Really scared me good.

Ate a couple of tomato-onion-lettuce-avocado sandwiches for dinner. I don't want to leave the kids without a sane parent.

Dug up more of the future lawn area. Turned it over with my trusty Smith & Hawken garden fork and then added amendments, now I'm going through it a clod at a time, getting the soil ready for seeds. I thought I'd plant flowers between the steps and the black gate and plant a lawn on the rest of the lawn area. Work on preparing the soil as time goes by. A little bit at a time is ok.

Excited and happy to have filled half of the planter box compartments with soil mix the other day. Planted some mesclun, salad mix, in one of the compartments. Some basil (three kinds!) in another. Have the 72-compartment seed starting tray full of this and that.

Ordered a 4-megapixel compact camera for about $300 the other day after a typically long round of research. A compact camera will be something that I can carry with me. Not to mention being 1/10th the price of the Canon 20D. It's got a 3x optical zoom and twice the resolution of the Nikon 950. That ought to arrive tomorrow, looking forward to that quite a bit.

Kids are in the tubs. Chase them off to bed sooner or later.