Saturday, April 16, 2005



I'll leave to collect the kids in forty minutes. Diane materialized about noon without having called first. She took the kids to her house, her unwanted tenants apparently gone at last. She was talking about driving to Balboa Park. I asked if there was anything in particular to want to make such a long drive. I don't like her driving the kids anywhere at all. I don't like her watching the kids without myself or her parents being in the same room with her.

I also don't like driving to collect the kids on a Saturday evening. I don't like to go out on Saturday evenings, or any other part of Saturday. Too crowded out.

Dug up, amended and re-filled the bed near the kitchen door. Planted the "blondie" impatiens there. Hopefully they will do well.

Did partial water changes in both tanks. Moved some fish to the smaller tank. An algae eater and a bottom feeder. The water has cleared enough to feed them. I'm sure they'll be happy to eat.

Glad that the Salvation Army collected the clutter that was set out yesterday. Still annoyed and disappointed that people will pick through stuff you have out for a charitable donation. Shame on them.

Glad the big bedroom is empty. Enough empty space to walk into and stretch in is always a good thing. A little elbow room at last. Some SPACE.

I think I'll try and investigate what a two-week old seeded lawn ought to look like. Did I really manage to leave such gaps when I sowed the grass seed..???