Monday, April 04, 2005

Monday.


Dodgers play the Giants tomorrow at one, start of the season. The Yankees played the Red Sox last night, watched part of that game.

Court appearance moved to the 24th of May. The kids could be grown and moved out by the time the divorce is final at this rate.

I ought to think about making dinner. It's 5:20. First weekday afternoon of daylight savings time. Seems unusually light out. I do not like daylight savings time.

Been watering the lawn a lot. Watching for signs of germination and growth.

Unsure if I can leave the fledgling lawn to visit Mom in the desert. Saw some timers at Home Depot. Arrange some kind of sprinkler system to operate on a timer while I'm away? Might do.

So this is it, eh? Crash-landed on some distant planet with no hope of rescue. Marry a local and breed. Make the best of it. Enjoy the local spit beer and barbecued iguana. Learn to love it here. Do your duty and raise the mice. Chat about shit I couldn't possibly care less about. Watch cartoons. Be with them. Be real and spend genuine time with them. Something Diane was never able to figure out.

I remember camping at Mataguay and having kids come up to me with various fishing issues, remove this fish, can you bait my hook? Can you help me do this or that? I mentioned it to Kelly. I felt like I was wearing a shirt that said "Official Helper Parent." Kelly explained that kids recognize a helpful grown-up, someone that won't blow them off. Feather the warp drive, Scotty, we'll be crusing at kid-speed for the duration. Lay your power by.

Time to cobble dinner together. Not in a terrific mood this afternoon. Not sure why, exactly. Life has a kind of cut-and-dried quality today. Here's what you'll be doing for the next ten or fifteen years... pretty much what you've been doing for the past ten years... while Diane was never very good with the kids nor much help, I didn't anticipate doing it all by myself.

Cleaned Cassidy's room this afternoon, looks much better. Washed her sheets, made her bed.

Certainly hope that the grass seed germinates and grows. Wait and see. Keep it moist.

GO DODGERS!