Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Wednesday. Flynn is at sea.

Well, on a ship in the harbor, anyway. He's on an overnight field trip. I'm home with Cassidy. Dodger game starts in twenty minutes.



Listening to "Assembly of Dust"'s "Roads" over and over again.

This is a song about lifestyles
decisions that we make
Roads that we abandon
and other that we take
We take - roads we take


I feel like I'm going in the right direction and taking care of the kids. Having Diane fall apart last summer and fall and then having her REALLY go crazy after that was disconcerting at the very least. Roads that we abandon. Yet I seem to be going in the right direction, things are holding together.

I applied for a car loan and got it, which kind of surprised and impressed me. The dealer made some comment about "with your credit..." and it was favorable. I'm trading in the Santa Fe and buying a new Prius, a Toyota that gets really good mileage. I filled the Santa Fe today and cheap gas was $2.50 a gallon. Ouch. The Santa Fe only gets about 15 mpg. I like the way it looks. But I was getting that kind of mileage in the bus. Ah, my beloved old bus. Why did I part with you? That was a great vehicle and one I strongly identified with. The Prius is an unlikely little thing with a hybrid gas/electric engine. So that ought to be fun.

Wonder if we'll get to keep the house and continue living here? Something I worry about. Also concerned that the lawn hasn't come up yet. How long does it take!? Do I need to cover more of the seed than I did? Keeping the lawn area moist.