Saturday, April 02, 2005

Lawn is planted.

Very tired and sore. Left knee and left elbow and throbbing. Definitely weary of digging chicken manure into shitty soil. Maybe shitty soil less shitty by adding shit, I suppose is accurate...

Diane is over. She said something stupid that I imagine she was 100% unaware of which REALLY pissed me off, I felt like I was packed full of hot embers. I can't remember being so angry. I was glad to go outside to do the final preparation and then the sowing. Dead tired now. Good effort. Somewhat cloudy out, but warm. Watered thoroughly, I think. I'm going to have to stay on top of the watering to get the seed to germinate and grow. Figure six to eight weeks.

I'd like to get one of those little robot lawnmowers -- the idea cracks me up. Either that or a couple of goats to eat the grass. The robot is probably going to be more money but it won't shit on the lawn.

It's about four, in twenty-four hours it'll be about five due to daylight savings time. I'd like to feed the kids dinner and go to bed. I'll sleep like a rock tonight.

I've gotta go find some Icy Hot or Tiger Balm or something, I ache.