Thursday, April 28, 2005

Rain

Nice surprise. Pretty good rain, too.

Cassidy asked for her green umbrella while we were walking to school. She said that the clear umbrella with polka dots is too small. I had bought the green umbrella for her. Flynn said he can't find his umbrella. Again. I broke out the big automatic umbrella. Got to use the little rear-window wiper on the Prius.

Mac Office arrived in the mail yesterday, along with my license plates, which were a surprise, it took months last time to get the plates. So put those on the Prius later on.

I've been having a difficult time getting out of bed for weeks. Once upon a time I'd jump out of bed at the first alarm. Now I'm resetting the alarm time over and over again until it's nearly six o'clock. Yipes.

Made sausages and hash browns and toast for the mice this morning. A good breakfast.

Scan in the last paper clutter and drawings. Save the kid's artwork. Throw out more stuff. Found some books that got the boot last night. A few I'd like to keep. I threw out my copy of Deadbase. You can access Deadbase on the net, now.

I definitely get the feeling that life is a matter of taking care of the kids and planning for them than it is anything else. I'm excited about the Mac OS revision and getting to see another Dodgers game on television on Friday. I'm very pleased with the lawn. It's felt good to throw things out. Finally part with clutter which had become meaningless over the years. Whitney's notes. Everything goes.

Scan in a LOT of photographs. Then sift through the CDs and get rid of the first iteration of those. Keep photos and music. And drawings/artwork.

I'd like to do something with the drawings. Leave them in a nice complete set. What I saw, what I had to say. Someone might enjoy looking at them someday.

Develop a cartoon strip and submit that. I love to write and that would be an ideal outlet. Tons of money and a tiny bit of graphic design.

Something to consider. The Tiny Islands.

Tempted to get another graphics tablet and Painter. Kind of the final jewel in my software. Excited about winning the Macromedia Studio MX suite later today. Hope my bid is high enough. Retail is nearly $1000. My bid is about $600. The suite includes Flash. Always wanted to learn Flash. And it sounds like Dreamweaver is much better than GoLive.

Digitize the camcorder tapes and see if I can't digitize some old MNF games. Virtually all the movies I like are available on DVD, either commercially or as a hobbyist/collector DVD. DVDs are convenient. Less bulky than tapes. Glad to see the tapes go. The cassettes and tapes got out of hand long ago. I had lots of great stuff. Too much to possibly listen to. I found a web site that archives Dead shows and downloaded 841103 from the Berkeley Civic Center or some small room. Sounds great.

Last week I snagged "Real Cool Yule" and "Papa's On The Housetop" from a Dr. D. site and edited those using a demo version of Peak. I had a commercial copy of Peak for OS9. I wanted those two songs in particular from the cassettes.

Still raining. Pretty hard. Nice rain. I love rain.

What else? Need to look at some bills.