Saturday, April 30, 2005

Saturday Afternoon

Drove the kids to Diane's house and got home about eleven. Trimmed the rose in the front, trimmed the pine tree, trimmed the bougainvillea, transplanted the shrub that smells like fresh laundry and planted a rose I had in a container. I think I dug it up from the front last spring or two springs ago. Cleaned up the corner area and added some outdoor soil I bought @ Home Depot the other day. Dug that in. Transplanted the volunteer tomato from last year which had been in the planter box. Transplanted a small tomato that had been growing under the larger of the two tea roses. Excavated the tenacious geranium which had been ensconced next to the stairs. Transplanted the smaller tea rose over a bit. Then I transplanted the other one. And watered outside. Took a shower and watered the front lawn area. Feels good to sit down.

Maybe I'll watch a movie and take a nap. Or I could start on dinner. Build a fire and brine the pork tenderloin I bought yesterday. I also have a whole chicken. I was going to roast the chicken tomorrow.

Have a lot of garden debris to dispose of.

I ought to brine the pork and start the fire... then watch a movie. Or not. I have ironing to do and Cassidy's clothes haven't been put away in a while. I get stuck putting laundry away for some reason.

Dozing off in my chair. My back hurts.