Thursday, April 07, 2005



Went with the kids today to buy a new car. Flynn was on a field trip until about one o'clock this afternoon and we went from school by home and then on to the Toyota dealership in Escondido at the east end of the 78. It took a couple of hours (we were tired and burned out) but eventually we drove off in the Prius, which is like driving a golf cart until the gas engine sees fit to kick in. My eyes don't feel right from the new-car chemicals. The car smells. I hate new-car smell.

Kind of sorry to see the Santa Fe go, it was an OK car. Nothing special. I liked the way it looked. I like the idea of 60 miles to the gallon better, however. The Prius is an UGLY little car. But gas is $2.50 a gallon. Enough to motivate me. And there's up to a $2,000 tax credit. So there we go.

Glad to be home again. Didn't enjoy sitting at the dealership. The kids were pretty good, but that's a long time to sit still. Glad to be home.

Kind of impressed that I bought a new car. Hooray for me.